About the North Schools
We are known locally as the Murray Bridge North Schools. We consist of a Junior Primary R-2, Primary 3-7 and a Special School R-12 co-located on a single campus.
At the beginning of 2011, the Junior Primary and Primary embarked on a trial amalgamation. As a result, Term 2 started with the appointing of a common Principal and Deputy Principal across the two schools.
Murray Bridge Primary School was established in 1881 and the Junior Primary and Special Schools were established later. Currently the combined student population can fluctuate between 570 and 600 students.
At the end of term 3 2010, our 8 classroom General Learning Area and Multi-purpose gym were completed. As of the beginning of term 4 2010, the new facilities are being used.
The Junior Primary and Primary Schools share some facilities such as a staffroom, library and front office / administration area. These two schools also share some staff including a Finance Manager and Office Manager.
The three schools shared a single Governing Council until 2001, when the Special School formed its own. The Junior Primary and Primary Schools continue to share a Governing Council.
Until recent years, the Special School worked out of its own building, but in 2007 it expanded to include a Pathways class hosted in the Junior Primary as an alternative to either full mainstream or full special schooling. A purpose built R-3 Pathways classroom was constructed in 2008 as part of the site development.